I love the UK. I never want to leave. No, really, I am never leaving Devon. If I need a passport, then no.
BUT, there are some things that I would love to have here. My top Ten list starts with:
1. A dryer. look, my man is buying me a new washer-dryer thingy. cause he loves me. But it will still be a euro washer-dryer thingy, powered by wind and sadness. See my illustration on why USA has better appliances. COAL and NUKES. just give me dry clothes. *sob*
2. A refrigerator. Could I please have a fridge that holds food and keeps it cold? Like, if i have food in, could it keep it cold for a day or so? If i buy apples or meat, I would like them to stay OK for two days.
3. Ice. just ice. I have given up on ice in the UK. Ice tea would be awesome. I will never realize this dream.
4. local news. Can I have the weather for my city? Or tell me what is happening here? the BBC is great and all, but what happened today in my city? no idea.
5. sport. I am so tired of football. (soccer) Rugby is where it is at. and they put the ball backward. At least I didn’t have to live thorough March Madness. But at least, in the US, I understand the rules.
6. Police. in the US, when you call them, they come. In force. With help. Helpfulness. I cannot overstate this.
7. school busses. Yellow, pretty busses. They pick your kids up, then drop them off. At/to your door. USA USA!
8. I am struggling here…OK, Food. massive food. when you go out for breakfast you embark on a food challenge. With 4 eggs and hash browns.
9. lack of actual fascists/communists. you think you have them, but, i promise that you do not.
10. Patriotism. Please, can we have some of it in the UK? I miss it. I want to cheer for my side.
So, ten reasons I miss the US. I could give you as many that I would never move back, but I didn’t . Keep calm and have a well deserved seat. ❤